Frontier markets slumped in line with other non-dollar denominated markets in 2018; though outside of Argentina, frontier markets as a whole outperformed even the U.S. market. In our annual outlook we first look back to grade our calls from last year (spoiler: very good, except for Argentina) and look ahead to 2019. Broad prospects for the beta in frontier markets remain mixed, but with good stock-picking opportunities amid increasing neglect. In 2019 we remain strategically bullish only in Vietnam, but are also looking for some tactical outperformance from Nigeria. Watch the run-up to the Argentine elections in October for opportunities to re-enter the market.
Home » 2019 Outlook for Frontier Markets
- The Power of Quality Investing
- Michael A.B. Orr Joins Xponance as Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer, Alternatives
- U.S. Fixed Income: Q3 2022 Update
- The Dismal Science of Forecasts & What Our Boutique Managers Are Saying About the Current Macro Environment
- The Times They Are A-Changin’: Q4 2022 Market Outlook