Frontier markets slumped in line with other non-dollar denominated markets in 2018; though outside of Argentina, frontier markets as a whole outperformed even the U.S. market. In our annual outlook we first look back to grade our calls from last year (spoiler: very good, except for Argentina) and look ahead to 2019. Broad prospects for the beta in frontier markets remain mixed, but with good stock-picking opportunities amid increasing neglect. In 2019 we remain strategically bullish only in Vietnam, but are also looking for some tactical outperformance from Nigeria. Watch the run-up to the Argentine elections in October for opportunities to re-enter the market.
Home » 2019 Outlook for Frontier Markets
- Xponance® and Investcorp to Launch Strategic Partnership in Support of Diverse and Woman-Owned Managers
- What Does the EV Craze Mean for Emerging Markets?
- Marquette Chester Joins Xponance to Lead Alternatives Business
- Taiwan: “It’s More Than Just a Tech Stock” – What Asset Owners May Be Missing in Taiwan
- A Challenging Environment for Quant Strategies