Frontier markets slumped in line with other non-dollar denominated markets in 2018; though outside of Argentina, frontier markets as a whole outperformed even the U.S. market. In our annual outlook we first look back to grade our calls from last year (spoiler: very good, except for Argentina) and look ahead to 2019. Broad prospects for the beta in frontier markets remain mixed, but with good stock-picking opportunities amid increasing neglect. In 2019 we remain strategically bullish only in Vietnam, but are also looking for some tactical outperformance from Nigeria. Watch the run-up to the Argentine elections in October for opportunities to re-enter the market.
Home » 2019 Outlook for Frontier Markets
- Xponance Achieves Top Guns Status For First Quarter Of 2020 By Informa Investment Solutions
- Is it Time for a Small Cap Resurgence?
- Facing our Racial Demons and Healing Them
- Growth and Value Uncovered: What Kinds of Managers Are Winning And Losing?
- A Time for International Small Cap Stocks to Shine Again?