Xponance is a Diverse, woman-led, and 100% employee-owned multi-strategy investment firm whose mission is to “transform access to alpha” for clients and the investment industry at large. Founded by Tina Byles Williams in 1996 ($15.6B AUM as of 6/30/23), the firm offers global and non-U.S. equity investment strategies through a multi-manager construct that harnesses the investment edge and focus of entrepreneurial, emerging & diverse managers in a tested strategic framework. As a direct equity manager, we create and manage systematic, risk-controlled, active, and passive strategies (including client directed “Values Based” screening, and exclusive use of corporate DEI scores from partner As You Sow). Our active U.S. fixed income core strategies span the maturity spectrum, providing an income “advantage” and downside protection through the ownership of differentiated, off-benchmark securities. The firm’s Alternative subsidiary, Xponance Alts Solutions, is focused on GP Staking and Seeding efforts for diverse & woman-led alternative managers. Finally, Aapryl, LLC, the firm’s fin-technology subsidiary, offers a web-based analytical platform that assists asset owners and advisors in portfolio, asset manager, and risk due diligence as they seek to fulfill their fiduciary duties.
Opportunity – Performance Operations Analyst
The employee in this position will calculate performance, settle trades, update the portfolio accounting system, reconcile account positions, and is responsible for client reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconcile accounts.
- Issue written and oral instructions to custodian banks, brokers, and other necessary parties for trade settlement.
- Investigate pricing discrepancies in the portfolio accounting system.
- Review entries on client bank statements pertaining to cash or securities transactions to determine whether funds were received or disbursed according to predetermined schedules, or instructions received from clients.
- Examine trade documentation for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Enter trade tickets in the portfolio accounting system.
- Trade settlement.
- Review statement of transactions (such as confirmations of purchases and sales of securities), compares items with records to verify accuracy, and enters details in accounting system.
- Prepare records and transmittal documents for transactions involving purchase or sale of securities.
- Adjust trade errors.
- Produce monthly and quarterly client performance reports.
- Determine procedures necessary to expedite workflow.
- Monitor managers for adherence to client investment guidelines.
- Assist with client onboarding and portfolio transitions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in business, finance, or related field
- Time management and prioritization skills
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- An understanding of equity and fixed income securities
- Familiarity with investment operations systems: Bloomberg, FactSet and SS&C Advent.
- A high degree of PC proficiency is required.
- Quantitative skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Travel Required.
Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to compose quarterly client reports and other business correspondence. The candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively with groups of clients, outside vendors, or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and apply concepts of basic algebra. Must possess conceptual understanding of the reconciliation process.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations as well as in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Candidates interested in the Performance Operations Analyst opportunity can forward a resume to: email@example.com.