Xponance is a Diverse, woman-led, and 100% employee-owned multi-strategy investment firm whose mission is to “transform access to alpha” for clients and the investment industry at large. Founded by Tina Byles Williams in 1996 ($15.6B AUM as of 6/30/23), the firm offers global and non-U.S. equity investment strategies through a multi-manager construct that harnesses the investment edge and focus of entrepreneurial, emerging & diverse managers in a tested strategic framework. As a direct equity manager, we create and manage systematic, risk-controlled, active, and passive strategies (including client directed “Values Based” screening, and exclusive use of corporate DEI scores from partner As You Sow). Our active U.S. fixed income core strategies span the maturity spectrum, providing an income “advantage” and downside protection through the ownership of differentiated, off-benchmark securities. The firm’s Alternative subsidiary, Xponance Alts Solutions, is focused on GP Staking and Seeding efforts for diverse & woman-led alternative managers. Finally, Aapryl, LLC, the firm’s fin-technology subsidiary, offers a web-based analytical platform that assists asset owners and advisors in portfolio, asset manager, and risk due diligence as they seek to fulfill their fiduciary duties.
Opportunity – Quantitative Analyst in Durham, North Carolina
Develop new models and improve existing models used for stock selection and risk management using statistical and predictive analytics, including Machine Learning algorithms. Write fully automated standalone code to backtest signals and put quantitative models into production. Analyze, design, test, maintain, and improve data processes. Design, automate and update daily data flows from multiple data sources using Python and R. Formulate techniques for quality data collection and analysis to ensure the accuracy, adequacy, and legitimacy of supporting data. Manage various systems and platforms including eVestment, Bloomberg, FactSet, FTP portals and other automation platforms. Conduct performance-based analysis and generate customized reports from single or multiple systems and maintain an efficient reporting process using FactSet and VBA. Support portfolio management and conduct market research. Provide data analysis from primary and secondary sources and reorganize in an interpretable format for internal and external audiences. Support trading activities of the investment platform that includes the execution of stock purchases and sales in various trading systems in a timely and efficient manner and generate post-trade reports.
- Requires a master’s degree in business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Econometrics, or related field of study and two (2) years in the position offered or two (2) years as an Associate, Analyst, Business Consultant, or related occupation.
- Requires two (2) years of experience with the following skills: programming in VBA, R, and database queries; financial, mathematical, and statistical theory, including converting research into usable, value-added tools and information; analyzing large data sets to find unique patterns within data; building machine learning models; performing research to develop signals for predicting equity returns; FactSet, Bloomberg, and risk models including Axioma; and communicating quantitative analysis to senior management.
- Requires one (1) year of experience with: Python; applying statistical techniques to find unique patterns within data; working with securities including corporate actions, M&A, stock splits, stock repurchase programs, dividend announcements, spin offs, and equity issuances; managing passive and passive-like products; and Barra and Northfield.
- Requires Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification.
- Candidates interested in the Quantitative Analyst in Durham, North Carolina opportunity can forward a resume to: email@example.com.