Xponance is a registered multi-strategy investment firm with approximately $13 billion in assets across multiple strategies. Our entrepreneurial culture is driven by the company’s dual objectives of serving clients as a trusted and value-added solutions partner, we continually endeavor to provide investment excellence generated by diverse and entrepreneurial professionals. We strive to be an industry leader and “force-multiplier” for diversity and client engagement. Xponance offers actively managed global, international, and emerging market equity strategies via a multi-manager structure; internally managed active US fixed income, systematic equity, active and passive equity strategies; and diverse and emerging and woman owned alternative GP Seeding and Staking strategies. Our technology subsidiary, Aapryl, LLC, offers a web-based analytical platform that assists asset owners in portfolio, asset manager and risk due diligence as they seek external partners to fulfill their fiduciary duties.
Opportunity –Fixed Income Portfolio/ Trading Assistant and Junior Analyst
Xponance is seeking to fill the role of a Fixed Income Portfolio/ Trading Assistant and Junior Analyst in Durham, NC. The position supports the portfolio managers/traders in the market surveillance, analysis and trading operational support necessary to implement the platform strategies.
The responsibilities of the Portfolio/Operations Assistant and Jr. Fixed Income Analyst include:
Portfolio Management Support
- Compile and track weekly economic chart pack/macro dashboard
- Understand portfolio positioning – duration, sector/security over-underweights, yield curve positioning
- Use portfolio analytics to provide portfolio characteristics and customized reporting to clients and consultants
- Update Fixed Income charts and presentation materials
Trading Desk and trading assistant
- Support the team traders with ongoing daily market surveillance regarding existing names, new issues etc. Assist and oversee allocations while working with operations to ensure settlement.
- Track key indicators to facilitate monthly write-ups and participate in firm investment meetings
- Monitor trade/brokerage activity for MWBE reporting and firm Keep track of approved brokers and periodic reporting for compliance.
- Leverage tools and data sources (CMS-Bondedge, Bloomberg, ) to provide custom analytics to the Fixed Income Team
- Contribute ongoing data and research to market/economic commentaries and thought pieces
Experience & Attributes:
Key qualifications include the following:
- Zero to three years of professional investment experience
- Financial acumen and strong mathematical, data management, and analytical skills; experience with fundamental and quantitative modeling is preferable.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) proficiency
- The ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the platform as well as the organization;
- Strong attention to detail, great organizational skills and the ability to multitask efficiently and
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong interpersonal skills that engender credibility and trust;
- Comfort in a creative, entrepreneurial, and diverse
- Bachelor’s Degree (required).
Candidates interested in the Fixed Income Portfolio/ Trading Assistant and Junior Analyst opening can forward a resume to: email@example.com.