Xponance is a registered multi-strategy investment firm with approximately $13 billion in assets across multiple strategies. Our entrepreneurial culture is driven by the company’s dual objectives of serving clients as a trusted and value-added solutions partner, with investment excellence generated by diverse and entrepreneurial professionals. We strive to be an industry leader and “force-multiplier” for diversity and client engagement. Xponance offers actively managed global, international, and emerging market equity strategies via a multi-manager structure; internally managed active US fixed income, systematic equity, active and passive equity strategies; and diverse and emerging and woman owned alternative GP Seeding and Staking strategies. Our technology subsidiary, Aapryl, LLC, offers a web-based analytical platform that assists asset owners in portfolio, asset manager and risk due diligence as they seek external partners to fulfill their fiduciary duties.
Executive Assistant to the CEO/CIO
The Executive Assistant position is a full-time position that reports directly to the CEO/CIO. This position entails one on one contact with CEO/CIO and maintains daily itinerary, including scheduling for and maintaining the CEO/CIO’s calendar, prioritizing a diverse group of external callers and visitors, as well as interaction with internal personnel at all levels of the organization, travel arrangements, typing and filing. This position also includes duties such as coordination of meetings and conferences, preparing internal memoranda, composing answers to routine correspondence, and working on special projects as assigned. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO/CIO in addition, the Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The position requires the individual to be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results driven as well as community oriented. The ideal individual can think on their feet; will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; possess strong written and verbal communication, proficient with Microsoft Power Point and Excel, strong administrative, and organizational skills; and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Depending on the CEO/CIO schedule and meetings, it may be necessary for the Executive Assistant to travel with the CEO/CIO.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management for CEO/CIO.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO/CIO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO/CIO’s time and office.
- Prioritizes inquiries and request while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO/CIO, with Board Members, management team and others, on matters related to CEO/CIO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Arrange and handle all logistics for Board and Management meetings and events; schedule meeting and events; prepare draft agendas for Board and Management Meetings, develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials for Board and Management meetings.
- Provide a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Assisting with special projects, completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; research, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO/CIO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO/CIO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO/CIO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO/CIO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO/CIO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Coordinates items of a personal nature for the CEO/CIO.
- Coordinate catering needs for events such as Client and Prospective client meetings.
Qualifications – Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Significant executive support experience including supporting C-level executives.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Make informed decisions regarding priorities and available time relating to scheduling for CEO/CIO.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- High degree of professionalism while interacting with clients, board members, management team, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Flexible and able to work long hours or be available to handle problems or events outside of normal working hours.
- Able to travel.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, Maste’s degree preferred.
- Strong work tenure: 7 to 10 years of experience supporting Senior Level Executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Must be flexible to handle situations or events outside of normal working hours.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic company with top notch benefits and hybrid work schedule, please forward your resume to: careers@Xponance.com.